05 January 2016

#Janathon Day 5 - first trip to the gym this year

This evening was the first time I've visited the gym this year, unsurprisingly it was a little busier.  We (my wife, youngest son and me) go fairly regularly and so we could spot the newcomers, I do hope a good number persist.

In the past I've ended up restarting a bit of gym work in the January, it's as good a time as any I suppose. Like most, I often end up being a bit too busy around the festive season and so my training gets squeezed out (as does my waistline). For my first Janathon I ended up doing a lot more gym work when I overdid the miles in the first week and injured myself.  That was one of the crazy mileage years, Janathon is far more sensible now.

Anyway, I did 3 miles on the treadmill at a reasonable pace.  I then had a really good stretching session, hopefully some of my aches and pains will subside.

My Janathon mileage is now 26 miles, although Running Free adds it up to 27 miles with all the bits of miles :-)

No comments:

Creative Commons License